Wednesday 9 January 2008

Project from my graduate portfolio Part.3 – I Do Not Exist Campaign/Workshop

When I decided to that I wanted to become a Graphic Designer/Illustrator/photographer (ha, is there anything that I don't want to do?:) my parents were adamant that this wouldn't be a good career choice. Reason being that I would have to go to university and get myself into debt and they thought that there weren't many jobs in design. This is where I got the idea for this workshop. The 'I Do Not Exist' workshop teaches children the importance of design in our environment. The school corridor display (see image below) encourages children to see how a world without design could not function, therefore highlighting it's impact on the everyday. I think that a workshop like this should be part of a childs curriculum at school. They need to know the benefits of taking up a career in design.

Ps. If my High School tutor Mr. Whitehead  saw that I got a Ba Hons degree in Graphic Design he would have a heart attack because he wouldn't let me study it as a subject. He said I was too 'disruptive and delinquent' in class. 



School Corridor display:
My little brother. :)

The activity pack (below) that gives children various design challenges to complete. Each pack comes complete with a T-Shirt, exercise book & pencils. The exercise book is a basic introduction to various disciplines within design.








No comments: